Offered through Schola Humanistica, in cooperation with Academia Latinitati Fovendae, Europa Latina, L.U.P.A.
While physical travel will be limited this summer, this does not mean we have to forgo the joy of traveling to new and often difficult to reach places with our imagination. Latin literature, from antiquity to the present day, teems with descriptions of deeply fascinating journeys. This summer course will take you on a Grand Tour through Latin in all of its time periods as it casts light upon literary passages of profound beauty and originality. Hurry up and pack your bags–we look forward to having you join us in this new adventure!
July 27th-August 7th, 2020.
|Monday, 27th July (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||Mirabilia Urbis Romae|
|Monday, 27th July (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Horatii iter Brundisinum|
|Tuesday, 28th July (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||Mons caprarum a Petrarca illustratus|
|Tuesday, 28th July (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Nimborum patria|
|Wednesday, 29th July (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||Petrarcae Itinerarium ad sepulcrum domini|
|Wednesday, 29th July (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Cicero Siciliam circumit|
|Thursday, 30th July (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||“Peregrinatio in Aegyptum, Arabiam, Palaestinam et Syriam” (Martinus von Baumgarten 1594)|
|Thursday, 30th July (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Rutilii De reditu suo|
|Friday, 31th July (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||Ascensus montis ventosi|
|Friday, 31st July (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||De Turcarum moribus|
|Monday, 3rd August (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||Ioannis Boccaccii De Canaria|
|Monday, 3rd August (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Thessaliae monstra|
|Tuesday, 4th August (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||Biblia pauperum: iter Aegyptiacum|
|Tuesday, 4th August (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Epistula Columbi de America nuper reperta|
|Wednesday, 5th August (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||De balneis Helveticis|
|Wednesday, 5th August (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Peregrinatio Aetheriae|
|Thursday, 6th August (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||De Aeneae Silvii Piccolominei Europa|
|Thursday, 6th August (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Nicolaii Klimii iter subterraneum|
|Friday, 7th August (17:00-18:00, GMT+2)||Desiderii Erasmi peregrinationis descriptio|
|Friday, 7th August (18:00-19:00, GMT+2)||Cassiodori Venetia maritima|
Mauro Agosto, Natascia de Gennaro, Antoine Haaker, Caecilia Koch, Giuseppe Marcellino, Paolo Pezzuolo, Claudio Piga, Giancarlo Rossi, Mikołaj Szymański.
- Because it will be fun and engaging.
- Because you will have a chance to read Latin passages of all periods which are often overlooked.
- Because the registration fee is affordable.
- Because we will pay attention to logistical detail; we will even send you reminders about each session.
- Because you will be able to connect with Latin teachers throughout the world.
- Because each lesson will reflect the latest scholarship on the featured texts.
- Because you will increase your vocabulary knowledge through a natural language approach to Latin.
- Because you will be able to interact with the instructor during each session.
- Because if you miss a lesson, you can watch a recording of it.
- Because we will issue a certificate of participation for licensure and professional development purposes.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Students, teachers, and enthusiasts of the Latin language who wish to deepen their appreciation and understanding of Latin humanistic literature.
Participants should be able to read unadapted Latin text with relative ease.
IN WHAT LANGUAGE WILL THE SESSIONS BE HELD?
At the end of the seminar, a certificate of participation will be issued.